Hi friends, now that I told you about the benefits of sweet potato, I am sharing a recipe too. It is fairly simple and delicious. This recipe was published in Prevention magazine, but I have modified it a bit. Hope you all enjoy it.
- 1 medium sweet potato boiled
- 250 gm boneless chicken chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup quinoa or 1/2 cup dalia (broken wheat)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 capsicum chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Green chillies as per taste
- black pepper powder
- Cook quinoa/dalia.
- Heat little oil and stir fry the chicken pieces till cooked, approx 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat little oil and add chopped onions, garlic and chillies
- After about a minute add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in peas and chicken.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and add to the pan.
- Add the cooked quinoa/dalia and cook stirring frequently for a couple of minutes.
- Add seasoning( salt and pepper) and coriander leaves
350 Kcal, 30 gm protein, 30 gm carbs, 6 gm fibre and 12 gm fat (all figures are approximate)
This is a very healthy recipe. Vegetarians can experiment with soya granules instead of chicken. Also if you don’t have different coloured bell peppers, use 1 capsicum only.
Please try the recipe and leave your comments.
*Image courtesy www.ambitiouskitchen.com